Thursday, May 26, 2011

Plans do get delayed...part 1

Here is my first of many projects.
We purchased this chair as a set with a little insert/table.
My original intentions were to paint them and have them on my porch, well life happened and they sat outside and unused for not 1 year, but 3 years. Clearly they needed a bit of cleaning before i could get started on the beautifying part. So I set off with my mini sweeper and some tiny brush that came with a pedicure set I got 10 years ago. 
Did I mention that I do things as frugally as possible, otherwise it seems like a waste to throw money at fixing things up. 
So once all the pine needles were out, spider webs and built up dirt were gone, I busted out my trusty sander and gave it a good once over. 

I decided to skip primer, because I was feeling too lazy to get it from the garage. MISTAKE 1. 
4 coats later and I still had some of this....
MISTAKE 2, painting in the grass....it was sunny and warm outside so I don't regret it, but there were added challenges.


But with all my spare time I was able to splash 2 more coats of green on. 


But with all my spare time I was able to splash 2 more coats of green on.

Now I have one finished seat! I am waiting till the set is done to buy some pillows, thinking magenta?

No comments:

Post a Comment